Here are 7 Creative Ways To Hurt Your Pastor:
1. Believe the worst about their motives. If there’s a circumstance with your pastor and you have the opportunity to decide whether to believe the best or the worst about them, ALWAYS believe the worst. Make sure to reinforce these key thoughts in your mind: “They don’t really care” “They don’t like me” and of course the clincher “They’re doing this for the money.” Bonus tip: Send unsigned letters to them pointing out these realized truths! This will help foster a continual sense of frustration and mistrust as long as you’re there.
2. Criticize them behind their back. Why waste good criticism by keeping it to yourself. Share it with others in your church. This can happen in small groups, over lunches and in those “meetings after the meeting”. Misery loves company! Whatever you do DO NOT sit down and talk through this with your pastor. It might just get resolved. Bonus Tip: Disguise your criticism by being supportive in person.
3. Don’t Give Financially. Ah Yes….this one is silent, but effective. Sure there are those that are out of work and can’t give, but that’s not you. Do this: Continue to merely consume and criticize from a distance. Instead of financially investing in the church you call home, make your pastor and his team figure out how to do more with less.
4. Stay On The Sidelines. While the ministry needs are great in your church, you need to make sure to avoid actually getting in the game and doing anything helpful. Besides, you can criticize better from the stands! To disguise this tactic you should volunteer to serve in an area and then flake out within a few weeks. Atleast you tried right??
5. Leave Without a Word: If there’s a dagger to the heart of a pastor, it’s someone walking out on the church family without saying a word. Don’t honor his role as pastor by giving him the courtesy of a conversation. No….just leave. Let them figure it out. Not up for that? Try this: announce your leaving through an email or text message. No need for an awkward conversation face to face. Adios Amigo! You should also Check Out: The Top 5 Signs You Should Leave Your Church
6. Push Your Passionate Issue On Them: We all have one or two particular causes we’re passionate about. It’s important to get upset and offended when your pastor doesn’t support your cause with events and resources. Make it a point to forget that they’re leading an entire group of people and seeking to hear from God on the direction of the church. If they don’t get onboard with your hot topic, tell them they’re unbiblical and leave.
7. Don’t Pray For Them. Need I say more?
Lastly, for your own good, get ahold of your Bible and cut out, tear out or black out the following scripture:
17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
It’s your turn. There’s gotta be more! What would you add to this list? Share below!