Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Want to communicate love to your wife in a way that actually works? You’ve come to the right episode. In this episode I talk about Dr. Gary Chapman’s book, The 5 Love Languages and how you can discover your wife’s love language.
Subscribe and listen to more episodes on iTunes
The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Dr. Gary Chapman
The Love Language Free Online Assessment Tool
The 5 Love Languages:
1. Words of Affirmation—
Not just about hearing I love you, this is about hearing why they’re loved, could be said out loud, in a card, by text.
2. Quality Time—This is about someone having your undivided attention. This person loves to know they’re the priority during that time.
3. Receiving Gifts— This is not about someone that just loves more stuff, this is about the time, thought and creativity that went in to getting them even the simplest of gifts. Thoughtless gifts that take little effort or energy many times are a let down for these folks.
4. Acts of Service— The person with this primary love language desires more than words, they love action. Anything you can do to “lift the burden of their day”: vacuuming, helping with the laundry, taking out the trash, helping with the kids, etc. Dr. Chapman, writes this person loves to hear, “Let me do that for you.”
5. Physical Touch—This is not just about the bedroom guys. It’s more than that. Those with this love language love to hug, hold hands, loving pats on the back, showing affection in all types of emotional situations: wins, losses, heartbreak, excitement, they desire touch and accessibility in this way.
Hero Question Key Points
Hero Question: How do I keep from going off on my kids and having a short fuse?
1. Prepare yourself through Prayer.
2. Prepare Your Family when you’ve had a rough day.
3. Slow Everything Down.
Bonus Article: Why and How to Spank Your Kids
Your Turn! Let me hear from you. What’s working in your marriage? What have you learned? Share a question you’d like to hear talked about on the podcast below or write me at Nathan@LiveRadiant.org